Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day Thirty-One: Bringing in the New Year in Balance

            I hope that you all had a safe and wonderful New Year’s Eve.  I don’t know how mine could have been more perfect.  I was able to have this perfect balance of a day, something that I have been striving for (balance), for a long time.  I took the time to play, to be silent, to clean and do chores, to do some running around/errands, to be alone, and to be loud with friends.  There is a part of me that wishes I had been louder, but the more timid side of me won out, plus I forgot my metal pan and spoon because I had a large can a silly string and as we all know silly string is awesome.  I had a string war with one of my friend’s grandkids and got a mouthful.  Rule number one: close your mouth in a silly string war, lol.  I reveled in their horn honking glory and froze my feet watching fireworks.  The quiet of the day had been equally wonderful.  I spent time reflecting and just being silent and breathing.  I wasn’t looking for anything profound to happen, I just wanted to be for a moment.  On the way home from my friends house last night I said a prayer of gratitude.  I want the Universe to know how much I appreciated my life and everyone in it.  I want to express how deeply grateful I was for all my friends, family, pets, spirit guides, angels, and for the Universe/God/Goddess/All That Is.  I was crying by the time I finished but there was nothing sad about it.  I was overwhelmed with gratitude and joy.  It was the perfect start to the new year.  Happy New Year to you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment