Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day Fifty- Four: Still Getting it Together

            From my lack of morning post, it should be obvious that things are still not going how I hoped.  Though I have tried to establish a morning routine I find myself distracted by the other activities of the morning.  This morning I was up at four, but barely had time to do my morning practices.  I had to skip this blog and my morning meditation.  A contributing factor to this upheaval in the morning is the news of my husband going to drill sergeant school.  This news has left me with a difficult, and that’s putting it very mildly, decision.  Do I stay here in Tennessee or do I go with him to South Carolina?  Most people’s first reaction when I tell them of my dilemma are surprised that I am even considering not going with my husband.  My closest friends have all been very supportive as I hash and rehash my pros and cons for both.  The truth is, I would very much like to stay here and I have expressed this to my husband.  While he has been understanding (and we have made no final decision on the subject), he of course would prefer that I come with him.  We have spent most of our married life, in fact fifty percent of it, separated by various military trainings and deployments.  It has caused a considerable amount of stress in the relationship and there is some concern that another separation could break it.  I have agreed to take a weekend and visit South Carolina with him, which is a compromise I am willing to make.  I would prefer to make this decision with as much information as possible.  Either way, stay or go, I have some very big changes coming up in the very near future.  Today in my journal I wrote these lines, “I feel as though there is a great upheaval in my life.  As though there are earthquakes and tsunamis taking place almost daily.  I remind myself to not get caught up in the drama.  I must breath.  I can weather any storm as long as my foundation remains solid.”  So my morning blog might not get done in the mornings as I hoped, but I will do my best to keep up with my morning practices as best I can while I wait out the storm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment