Friday, January 13, 2012

Day Forty-Four: Snow

            It snowed!  Well, I should say that we got a light dusting, but down South we call everything snow.  In Wisconsin, it seemed like there was forty different ways to describe the weather.  Sleeting, flurries, snowing, blizzard, these are just a few.  My husky pup loves the snow and she tends to dive head first into it no matter how much or how little we get.  She goes tearing around the yard in complete and utter joy.  I love the snow too.  We don’t get much down here (although locals would tend to disagreed with that statement) and I miss it, especially around Christmas time.  I love the way the light looks purple on the snow, the way it glistens, the way it insulates everything bringing with it silence and solitude.  Today when I get home from work I plan on curling up with a good book and a hot cup of tea and enjoying the gifts of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment