Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day Thirty: Lessons of Love

            Here we are, the thirtieth day of this experiment.  I can’t help but smile.  I made it and I made it here with your help, my dear readers.  For those of you who fret that this might be the end, I would like to assure you that I have decided to continue this experiment.  These writings have become a part of my sacred morning practices and I enjoy them immensely.  
            As this year closes I wondered what I could write about that would have special meaning.  For me, the lesson of self-love is one that is going to come with me into the New Year.  A few weeks ago I was having a discussion with my husband and I realized that I felt unworthy of love.  I felt that I didn’t deserve to be loved.  Despite his assurances that I do deserve love, I knew that I had to know it for myself.  He or anyone else could tell me I was loved all day long, but if I didn’t believe in my heart that I was worthy to receive that love then no amount of telling would make me believe.  For the last couple of weeks now I have set upon the quest of self-love.  I have incorporated affirmations of self-love into my morning practices and started being more mindful of what I am thinking about myself.  I realized I am hard on myself and I need to start being gentle.  It’s definitely a work in progress, but I embrace it joyfully.  I’m grateful for the opportunity to learn about self-love and to love myself for who I am without reserve.  I believe that we are all worthy of love and that we are all loved.  As you move into the New Year, I thank you for your support and remind you to love yourself.  You are Loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment