Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day Thirty-Three: Out of Sorts

            I feel slightly out of sorts today, which bothers me a little because I felt the same way yesterday.  By the end of the day I felt a little better, but all day it felt like something was bothering me and I couldn’t put my finger on it.  The day went well, nothing bad had happened, I just felt like something was biting at me.  This morning I feel like curling up in bed and going back to sleep or maybe curl up with a good book.  We all have days like this, when our bodies want us to go back to bed, but our responsibilities tell us we need to get up and go to work.  In this situation I do two things.  One, I try to be gentle with myself.  I don’t beat myself up because I’m not jumping for joy.  This is one of those days that I remember that I’m human as well as a spiritual being and today I need to honor my humanness.  The second thing that I do is look for little things that will help turn my mood around, even if it’s a slight turn.  Maybe I see a bird hopping through the grass or listen to some soothing music, these are both simple things that I can do or observe that can make a slight adjustment to my mood.  I have to keep in mind that I control my perspective.  I can choose to see today as a bad day or I can choose to see it as a chance to practice being gentle with myself and others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment