Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day Fifty: Ants in the Pants

           This is one of those mornings where I’m doing everything I can to distract myself from my writing.  I don’t know why these mornings happen, but when they do they tend to be very unproductive.  I have sudden urges to do anything but write.  I’m paying bills, updating my Writer’s Digest subscription, everything but what I’m supposed to be doing.  I’ve been working to keep track of when these days happen, hoping to find a pattern, which I haven’t.  I am excited about today, I get to go out to lunch with my friends and I have an extend lunch (I asked my boss for some extra time).  There is a part of me that wants to skip straight to eleven, which is when we are having lunch, because I know it’s going to be a great time.  There is always great conversation and lots of laughter.  I am also looking to my friends for some much needed advice.  I don’t think this lunch is the only reason that I can’t sit still, but I know it’s a contributing factor.  Sometimes I think I get too close to a writing breakthrough and my restlessness is my way of distracting myself.  My target for this morning, keep my butt in my change, even if it won’t hold still. 

No comments:

Post a Comment