Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day Forty-Eight: Sacred Tools

            I received a gift yesterday, one that is so wonderful and amazing, not to mention completely unexpected.  I got a typewriter.  When I first started writing I used a typewriter.  In fact I still have some of those old writings, for some reason they survived the frequent purges that take place as I go through my writing folders.  I love my laptop, but there is something special about a typewriter to me.  I set it up in front of my window in my meditation room and slide a fresh piece of paper in and turned the wheel.  This is the first sentence that I wrote, “There are some things that money can’t buy; like the sound of a typewriter banging out your most creative thoughts.”  It is a comforting sound and a creative one.  I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment