Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day Fifty-One take Two: Day Forty- Two M.I.A

            I just noticed that day forty-two is missing from my blog list.  I’m not sure if I forgot to do a blog or if I just numbered the blogs incorrectly.  I was upset at first, but then I remembered that I counted those blogs as practice, so either way it’s cool.  I decided that I would still do day fifty-one twice to sort of make up for it, but honestly I’m cutting myself some slack.  This blog has worked out much better than I anticipated and it’s lead to much larger projects, such as the contest.  I had several responses from my friends, (I’m so blessed!) and I have a schedule all set.  Monday begins the first round of intense revision, something that I’m not sure I’m prepared for, but I made the commitment not only to myself, but to my friends as well.  They have all agreed to take time out of their busy lives to assist me.  I’m amazed that I took on the challenge and more amazed at the wonderful response I have received.  I have to say I think my friends have a lot more confidence in me than I have in myself.  I’m a little scared about this project, it’s a big commitment and I will be facing weekly critiquing, which I realize is necessary to make the piece the best it can be, but it still leaves me feeling a bit (or more than a bit) vulnerable.  I choose my team carefully though and I have confidence that they will be direct, yet gentle.  This is a big project for me, but I am grateful for all the support I have and will receive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment