Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day Thirty-Eight: I.G.P

            My husband and I were talking today and I was explaining my frustration with a situation.  I wanted to see results yesterday, yet nothing was happening.  My husband teased me saying that not everything is instant gratification, sometimes you have to work and wait for results to show up.  I told my husband that I was starting the instant gratification program, because I wanted everything right now.  It was fun to think about at first but I realized that all the challenge of life would be gone if we got everything we wanted the same moment we wanted it.  It reminded me of an old story about the girl who gets everything she wishes.  I think it’s a good thing that we have to wait, that there is a time delay between the wish and the manifestation, it gives us a chance to refine, modify, or even dismiss the wish.  An instant gratification program might sound like a good plan, but if you stop and think about it, do you really want to get everything you wish and an even better question, do you really want every wish the same moment that you wish it?  Probably not.  Some things are worth waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment