Friday, January 6, 2012

Day Thirty- Six: Choices

            It’s Friday, yeah!  When my alarm went off this morning I thought, I don’t feel like moving yet.  My morning practices take up a good portion of my morning, so if I choose to sleep in I’m choosing to let go of something else, or at least put it off until later.  That last bit isn’t always a bad thing, in example last night.  I could have posted in the morning and it would have been bad.  Instead I decided to wait and see how the day played out, giving me a chance to post something more positive.  I had to make a choice, just as I had to make a choice this morning to stay in bed a few extra minutes.  When I was thinking about writing this blurb on choice I was also thinking about getting stuck in a rut.  In the most positive routines, in my Gemini opinion, can turn into ruts after awhile, so it’s good to shake things up a little by making a different choice.  Sleeping in today I made the choice to start my morning pages and finish them at a later time.  Today, I decided to go for a walk with a co-worker and I’ll complete my morning pages at the park if I have a chance.  Who knows, I might see something interesting while we are walking that I would like to make note of for a future story or blog.  Making different choices also takes you out of your comfort zone.  It might throw me off a little not having my pages completed right away in the morning, but it also leaves me open to a new experience, such as writing the pages in the park.  Choices aren’t always fun or easy, but if we look at them carefully we just might find a doorway to new experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment