Friday, January 20, 2012

Day Fifty-One: 1 am, Wake-up Call

            I’ve been getting one in the morning wake-up calls from the Universe for about the past week or so.  For the most part I’ve been ignoring them, rolling over and trying to get back to sleep, which doesn’t work so well.  This morning when the call came in I got up and then laid back down.  All I could think about was a writing contest that I had seen earlier that day.  I gave in and got up again and when I did I sat down and wrote out exactly how I proceed to commit myself to the venture of entering this contest.  I already have a piece that I love and I love working on.  I already have the max. number of pages needed, more the max., but I know it needs polishing, perhaps a lot of polishing.  I set myself a schedule for how I would break down the polishing process and then I wrote an email to a group of my friends asking for their help in this process.  I don’t know if any of them will have the time to help, but I am hoping two or three are able to, I did bribe them with cake too.  As I try to write this and swallow my breakfast at the same time, the inconvenience of these early morning calls is pretty clear.  I also see how they can be helpful too.  It’s a quiet time in the morning when some of my most creative ideas come forth and like this last time, a chance to prepare myself for a larger creative goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment