Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day Fifty-Six: Leaf in the Storm

            I recently sent five of my trusted friends my story to look over and critique for an upcoming contest.  They all agreed to look over the story for the next five weeks.  Considering how busy they all are I was astounded that they all agreed to help.  I was hoping that one or two would be able to squeeze reading and editing my story into their schedule and I am truly grateful that so many agreed to help.  I sent out my story on Tuesday along with some notes.  The problem now is that I’m feeling vulnerable.  Terribly, terribly vulnerable.  I keep seeing this image in my mind of a leaf clinging to a branch in a storm.  That’s how I feel, as though I’m being tossed around and to be honest it scares the hell out of me.  The friends I asked to help me are all good friends and I trust them, still it’s hard to get over the feeling that I just exposed some very deep part of myself.  I feel like I’m holding my breath and holding onto my tree branch just as tightly as I can until the storm passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment