Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day Forty- Nine: Alrighty Then

            This morning did not go as intended, but really what morning does?  I have been reading an excellent book by Aine Greaney (that’s not the correct spelling of her first name, but I don’t know how to make my computer make accent marks) called, Writer with a Day Job.  It has excellent examples, advice, and lots of exercises which are easy to fit into my already crammed schedule.  One of the suggestions she makes is something many other writers suggest and I may have mentioned it before, which is getting up an hour earlier in the morning.  I decided to start with thirty minutes earlier and work my way to an hour.  What can I say, I love sleep as much as I love writing.  I actually managed to get up this morning and write a little bit, but just after five I realized my husband wasn’t up yet. I paused in my work and went to wake him up, which means for about the next hour I was taking the dogs out, making myself breakfast and helping Ben.  Now that I’ve managed to sit back down I feel out of my creative element that had started so nicely this morning.  I realized this fact right away and before Ben walked out the door I asked him if he would take charge of taking the dogs out in the morning.  I also plan on buying an alarm clock (we both use the alarms on our phone, but his phone dies frequently  making unreliable) so that he will have his own alarm to wake up to instead of me getting him up.  Changing schedules like this, changing responsibilities makes me feel a little guilty, but Ben has assured me that he understands how important my writing time is to me and that he is willing to help me.  This morning might not have gone to plan, but it did show me changes that need to be made to help me get the most out of my morning writing sessions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment