Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thirty- Five: Make Love Not War

            This morning started off on the war front.  The alarm sounded and the fighting started.  The day went steadily downhill from there; I even missed my morning practices.  By the time I went to work I was pretty convinced that today was going to be bad, but I still tried to turn it around.  It didn’t work.  Things went from bad to worse in less than two hours and I felt like my world was blowing up around me.  I had to make two trips out of the office and every time I came back there was a problem waiting for me.  I tried to be conscious that I’m co-creator of my world and all that wonderful spiritual stuff, but I spiraled down pretty quick.  When it was time to go home, I was in tears and honestly I didn’t want to go home, I was afraid more fighting was waiting for me.  My friend had some good advice, start with a hug and go from there.  So I dragged myself home and I admit there wasn’t any happy positive stuff going through my mind, just a dread that when I walked through the front door things would continue to explode.  Instead when I walked in my husband was waiting with flowers and even better, a hug.  So we hugged, and talked, made dinner and made jokes.  We made the choice to create love, instead of continuing the war. 

No comments:

Post a Comment