Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day Fifty- Five: Go with the Flow

             I probably already used that title but it’s worth using again and maybe again.  Sometime early this morning when I had another one of my one a.m. wake up calls I got an idea for my daily schedule.  I’ve been trying to nail myself down, tell myself at five I will make dinner, at six I will write, eight I will go for a walk, etc.  Then I thought about my daily checklists at work.  There are certain things I need to get done every day and the woman before me had made up these great checklists.  Some of the things you need to do in order, but the rest can be done as you have time throughout the day.  I thought that I could apply the same principle to my home life.  I could make checklists for the things that I want and need to get done and then just work on them as I go in whatever order I feel is appropriate.  I’m not the kind of person who likes a rigid schedule and the checklist allows me to have some flexibility while still keeping track of where I’m at for the day and what I have accomplished.  It’s a wonderful go with the flow idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment