Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day Forty-One: Questions

            I was scrolling through Facebook this morning and one of my friends had posted a quote from the actor who plays Snape in Harry Potter.  It wasn’t the actor’s quote that got me, it was the barrage of questions that I asked myself as a result of reading that quote.  What would have happened had if Rowling had given up after the first rejection? What if she had decided, writing is too hard I’m going to go watch television or play games instead of writing?  What if instead of writing, she had procrastinated?  What if she hadn’t had the courage to write at all?  All of these questions are aimed at my own writing (or lack thereof).  A good question that I asked myself is why am I writing?  To get rich and famous?  Not hardly.  Those are two superficial ideas that are much harder to handle than they appear on the surface.  So why am I writing?  I kept drilling that question in my morning pages and an answer popped through although to be perfectly honest I have no idea what it means or how to accomplish it. My reason, my purpose for writing, to open hearts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment