Monday, December 12, 2011

Day Eleven: Spiritual Food

            Yesterday was a pretty fabulous day as predicted, mostly because I got to spend time with my friends.  We just started trying to find a church, which was one of the things we went to do yesterday, besides eating. We used to get what we call our spiritual food from the shop that one of my friends owned.  It was a place where we could all come together and talk and share our experiences.  This shop closed down the middle of this year and we all found ourselves hungry.  Church really isn’t something that is that we reach for.  We are more spiritual than religious and church tends to fall into the religious category, however we still decided to be open minded and give it a try.  There are a couple of churches in the area that fall under a more spiritual umbrella so of course these were the ones we wanted to attend or at least give them a trail run.  The first church we went to was okay.  There were several good points and a few not so good points.  This weekend we went to the second church on the list.  On the way there I told my friends that going to the first church had opened my eyes to see that I was getting spiritual food every day through my morning practices.  I hadn’t realized that until we went to church.  Somehow my own practices didn’t feel good enough, but after we went to that one service I realized that I was feeding my soul a little bit each morning and I wasn’t feeling such an urge to go to church.  After this second service my friends were inclined to agree that maybe they needed to incorporate some or more spiritual practices in their lives.  The service was exactly what we weren’t looking for, but in a way that was okay.  It helped us see exactly what we were looking for and gave us the motivation to either continue finding our own food or to begin setting up practices that fed us.  It wasn’t the best experience, but it certainly could have been worse and we did get a good message from it.  Find your own food and you will find great satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment