Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day Six: Scratch That

            Yesterday I was talking about not putting a negative status up on Facebook because when people read it the energy behind it is multiplied.  Yesterday morning went from bad to worse to frickn’ terrible in the matter of just a few hours.  I was able to pull myself out of it, but not before I posted my status on Facebook.  I put something along the lines of “I feel a primal scream coming on.”  So much for that idea.  Although I managed to turn my day around and I changed my status to something more positive this event made me realize how seductive drama can be.  We want to stew in it and share it; at least I know I did.  By posting my pain I wanted people to acknowledge me and tell me it’s going to be okay, even though I know it will be okay and that I’m the only one that can make that happen.  Once I changed my attitude I also changed my status because I realized I was just spreading the drama.  We all have drama (although the amount of drama varies) in our lives, we just need to be careful who we share it with and what our reasons and motivations behind sharing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment