Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day Seventeen: A Little Watery

            My husband went into the basement this morning to bring up our Christmas decorations.  I was doing dishes when I hear him calling me.  It sounded like he said there was water in the basement, but I was hoping I heard wrong so I went into the basement to get the real story instead of yelling back and forth.  Oh no, I heard correctly.  Thankfully I tend to pack in plastic bins so we didn’t lose a large amount of stuff, but the water heater is definitely leaking.  I have to admit that this coming on the heels of a broken fridge is probably not going to make the owner of the house happy, but there’s not much we can do about it.  I’m just grateful that we caught it before it spread too far.  Tomorrow I’ll be making a call to our landlords. Today I’m going to put up Christmas decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment