Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day Nineteen: Six Impossible Things

        I remember in Alice in Wonderland, Alice talks about thinking of six impossible things each morning.  Yesterday, I read a short story by one of my favorite authors and she said that her and her daughter put this into practice once.  I thought it would be a wonderful way to be creative in the morning, so I thought I would give it a whirl.  Problem is, I can’t think of anything.  I tried to think of something personal, like I get a free lunch today or I’m able to buy a house, but those didn’t seem very creative.  I was trying to think of something less practical, but I keep coming up with practical things.  Peace between nations, a quiet Christmas with a snowfall of 1 – 3 inches, things like this kept popping in my head.  I think I’m going to have to take a little bit more time and dig a little deeper to find those wonderfully impossible things.  The practical things are nice (lunch would be wonderful), but I see this more as an exercise in creativity, in expanding the mind.  Even the word exercise is too practical.  It’s a game.  A wonderfully creative game.  I just need to remember how to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment