Friday, December 2, 2011

Day One: Take Two

            Building a new habit can be a pain in the ass.  Funny how I’m doing this by choice.  I started to wonder if this was a bad time to start trying to write every day for thirty days, but then I thought, when would it be a good time.  When I missed day three, I planned to make it up on day four.  Of course, then day four got away from me.  I was feeling pretty down.  I thought geez I can’t even make it past day three?  Really?  Yes, I have a lot going on in my life but the more I thought about all those things the more I thought, those are just excuses, they are not the real reason that you (meaning me) are not writing.  I was going to give up, that’s the truth.  I thought well if I can’t even do three days in a row how am I going to do thirty?  That’s when I got mad at myself and thought damn it this is my blog I can restart this damn experiment as many times as I need to and more than that I am GOING to restart it until I get thirty days in a row.  So if I miss a day I get to start all over.  Hopefully, I’ll be able to do this, hopefully some part of me will kick in and realize how important this is to me and to my writing.  I’m just going to keep shooting this scene until I get thirty in a row.  So here we go folks, Thirty Days take two!

No comments:

Post a Comment