Monday, December 5, 2011

Day Four: Transitions

There are only three days left of this semester and I am burning for them to be over.  I suppose that means I’m not in the now, but I think I can live with it.  Last night I sat down to write out the last paper I will have to write for my Brit Lit class.  I have one more paper to write for another class and then I’m finished.  The last week has been a transition period for me as I move out of school into work.  This week will continue that trend which is why I feel so antsy.  I feel I’m ready to be done, ready to move into the next stage of my life.  I realize that transition time is a good thing, but I’m so done with school.  I appreciate everything I’ve learned and that I had the opportunity to attend college.  This semester taught me all about crafting my writing, how to write with precision and how to look at my work with a more critical eye so I can catch some of the things that I do that I never noticed before.  I have one final exam this semester, again in Brit Lit and then I’ll be finished.  I feel my job right now is to settle myself and accept these last days of transition.  Once I get through them I’ll truly be ready to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment