Monday, February 6, 2012

Day Sixty-Seven: In the Flow Again

            Today I let myself do whatever I felt like doing and what I felt like doing was writing.  I felt excited and giddy though I have no idea why. Nothing was different today than any other Monday.  I had planned on editing my manuscript today or at least the ten pages I have been working diligently to polish.  I pulled it out and stared at it for a minute or two and then put it back.  I think sometimes you need to let the writing rest and today was that day.  I worked most of the day yesterday putting the piece together, so it makes sense that it needs a minute.  I did feel like writing so I put in my flash drive and started typing.  I have eight pages typed today, six of which are completely new material.  I’m glad I took the time to do what I needed and wanted to do instead of forcing the editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment