Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day Sixty-Nine: Complicated

            I might have used this title already, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least.  I also probably used it to talk about a person I call Tom-Tom.  Tom-Tom likes to make things difficult (read complicated), he excels at it.  When Tom-Tom appears note in hand I know that I’m about to waste thirty minutes doing something that should really only take me five.  I’ve learned when I see Tom-Tom coming to laugh, because otherwise I would be overwhelmed with the urge to punch him in the face.  I’m not sure what the lesson is here, maybe to learn how to resist the urge to punch someone (so far it’s working), but I hope there’s more to it than that.  And yes I named him Tom-Tom after those creatures in Star Wars, the one that Han Solo cuts open to keep Luke from freezing.  I also know I probably spelled it wrong.  I’m not overly concerned with it, you get the jist.  It always makes me smile thinking about that scene, knowing that if I’m ever stranded and freezing to death and I just happen to have Tom-Tom with me, at least I can cut him open and use him for warm.  A little twisted I suppose, but it makes me giggle inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment